Whilst there is an innumerable amount of uses for a garage, it will typically, irregardless contain some form of expensive possessions and therefore you should ensure that the roof on your garage remains sound. If you are unsure if your garage roof needs replacing, there are a few signs that could help give you clues, that you may need to have someone come out and check it.
1. Raised Shingles- if you can visually see shingles that are ‘curled’ or not laying flat, that is a big indicator of needing replaced
2. Moss- if you have moss growing on your garage roof and you do not remove it, it will create significant damage that could lead to you needing to replace the roofing
3. Dampness- if you see any damp patches or mould on the ceiling of your garage, it is a big indicator that the roofing materials are not doing their job
Stay vigilant for these signs that there could be some issue with your garage roofing and be sure to get it taken care of quickly so that the contents of your garage remain protected.
Allowing your garage to have moisture can create a multitude of problems, especially if you have high value items stored within. It is important to take steps to reduce the amount of moisture, that is likely to continue, if you do nothing.
1. Use a Heater in the Winter: using a non-propane heater can reduce the amount of condensation that occurs in winter months
2. Apply a Floor Coating: polyaspartic garage floor coverings greatly reduce moisture levels
3. Use a Vapor Barrier: wall vapor barriers are excellent for condensation reduction
4. Dehumidifier: putting in a dehumidifier can pull moisture out of the garage but will need to be emptied regularly
5. Dry Wet Items: before storing anything inside of the garage, ensure it is dry (even cars)
6. Clear Out Clutter: the more that is in your garage, the more the airflow is restricted
By using these recommended tips, you can greatly reduce or eliminate the amount of moisture that is in your garage that could potentially damage the contents.
Whether you are trying to protect items that you are storing, or creating a better environment for a workshop in your garage, an incredible option for covering concrete garage flooring is through the use of floor mats. These floor mats can come in a few different ways, such as long sheets that you can roll out or as tiles that you can piece together. The beauty of this type of floor covering as opposed to a floor coating, is that you can easily remove them as you please and there is no messy installation. Floor mats do not require adhesives, chemicals or paint and you can put them over any damage in the concrete, without worrying about having to repair it prior.
Floor mats can help provide comfort underfoot if you are planning on using your garage as a workspace and the mats will help protect the floor beneath from any spillage. Mats also help reduce noise and will provide a bit of insulation. Floor mats are low maintenance and resistant to moisture, chemicals, stains and UV rays. They give you an all-purpose floor finish that is great for commercial or residential use.
Have you been experiencing mould in your garage? This is often a very common problem for UK garage owners. Several causes of mould growth could be poor drainage, lack of ventilation and little natural light. Mould loves dark and damp environments. There are a couple things you can try to ensure that your garage stays dry, so as to stop or prevent mould growth.
1. Find the source of moisture: maybe water is getting in from a leaky garage door, damage to the outer structure of your garage or even the garage flooring.
2. Provide good ventilation: you can either have a fan installed in your garage that helps to circulate air through the garage or periodically open the garage up to let it air out.
3. Use a dehumidifier- one way to decrease moisture in the garage is by getting a dehumidifier that will help keep the garage drier.
It is important to take steps to keeping your garage dry and well ventilated to help make the chances of mould growth less likely. Mould can ruin items you may be storing so be sure to look out for it.
Commercial environments rely on doors for security, insulation, efficiency and more. The external and internal doors that are fitted will be integral to everyday operations, and sliding doors are regularly used to give ease of access with added security when needed. There are many types of sliding doors that can be fitted, each with subtle nuances that will make them suitable for different purposes. Whatever the demands of your commercial environment, you’ll be able to install a sliding door that will optimise your space.
What are the differences between the various types of sliding doors? Can they really be that different? The differences aren’t always that great, but sometimes, they’re much larger. It depends on the environment, the type of door, and how it is being used. Here’s a brief rundown of some of the different types of sliding commercial door, what they can do, how they might be used, and why they could work for your factory or warehouse:
- Multi purpose straight sliding doors. Usually made from steel, straight sliding doors are great because they’re very versatile and can be used in multiple environments, in different way.
- External industrial straight sliding door. This is similar to a normal straight sliding door, but it’s specifically designed for external use. It can be installed behind or in front of any structural opening, and can be made to order when relevant to make sure of a perfect fit.
- Bottom rolling sliding doors. These are electric sliding doors that are also usually made from steel, and can have unlimited opening widths.
- Top hung electric sliding doors. These can be top hung and top rolling, with or without a floor track. The actual specification will depend on the door size and its weight; top hung doors aren’t always suitable. If the doors are made to order you can choose from a number of features, such as windows, pedestrian door insets, locking systems and weather seals.
- Panelled sliding doors, or insulated steel panel straight sliding doors. There are few moving parts in this type of sliding door, so maintenance is kept to a minimum. The material will be something like double skinned steel, and the door will usually be set up with a top supported double track gear. Doors will usually be made to measure as standard, and come with various surface finishes and a variety of standard colours; some designs, like textured stucco, can hide wear and tear well.
To find out more about the specifications of these different sliding doors and to get a price for their manufacture and installation, you’ll usually need to make a full enquiry. This is because sliding doors can be used for openings of all widths and it’s difficult to give a generic price of specification. There are also various options available, and making an enquiry with a specialist commercial sliding door supplier is the right thing to do. You’ll have the opportunity to talk through the various options and make a detailed enquiry, before obtaining an official quote for the work required.
Are you considering expanding your garage, but hesitate because you think this could be too big of a garage for you? Then it is past time for you to learn about the various benefits of extending your garage.
There are a lot of benefits, but the following are the top advantages of extending your garage.
Plenty of space for different types of vehicles
When you have a garage that is a large garage you will always have enough room to park any vehicles you own. You can put everyday vehicles you regularly drive in there.
You can also park any vehicles you don’t often use such as a boat, RV, snowmobile, jet skis, and many others. A garage that is this large will easily protect any vehicle or multiple vehicles that you put into it because it is a strong building that is made to stand up to many things such as, the weather, fire, and burglary.
Plenty of space for extra storage
There are a lot of people that are always short on storage space. With a large garage like this, you will easily have enough space to safely park your vehicles, but you will also have enough space for extra storage.
As a homeowner, you want your home to look great, up to date, and stand the test of time. Your garage is no exception – it could be argued this is one of the most important parts of your home due to its prominence. Chances are, there won’t be many angles from which you can’t see your garage externally, and so the doors will be visible too. Ryterna garage doors pride themselves on looking exquisite and modern, capturing the mood of the modern home and giving discerning homeowners something really unique and special within the garage door market. Continue reading
Garage doors are an essential part of every home. People want it to be the most beautiful but durable to secure their property. They choose a beautiful and intricately designed panel design to make it as elegant as possible. In fact, people select doors that perfectly complement any home fund. A perfectly designed garage door is the answer for people who do not want to have to deal with frequent maintenance problems. A Hormann LPU42 door is durable, reliable and strong enough to withstand adverse weather conditions.
Homeowners will at some point start looking at buying an Idigbo garage doors. This because while the doors typically last for a long time, they are not indestructible, so they do succumb to wear and tear that garage wood doors are subjected to over the years. It might also be a case of getting your first garage metal door. Continue reading