Having a garage is a real luxury. As properties get smaller and space becomes increasingly limited, people who have a garage should feel very lucky to have the space that they do. If you do have a garage and you don’t use it to its full potential, it’s time you started to make the most of the space that is available to you. Here are some creative ideas about how you can use your garage space:
- Use it for extra storage. You can store anything from furniture and clothing to bikes and outdoor equipment. Just make sure that your garage is fully sealed and isn’t accessible by mice and other pests. You may want to put down poison on a regular basis as a precaution to protect the contents of your garage.
- Use your garage as an extension of your home. This is an especially good option if your garage is a part of your main house. You will be able to get it fully insulated and choose the right door,
then turn it into that extra reception room or bedroom you’ve always wanted.
- Store your car in it. Surprisingly few people actually use their garage to store a vehicle nowadays, despite this being its intended purpose. This is the perfect way to both protect your car and hide it from thieves.
- Rent your garage out. If you don’t want to use the space, let somebody else make the most of it. And pay you for the convenience.
- Hold parties in your garage. You can use it as part of your outdoor space, giving you some extra shelter if you’re having some friends over during the summer. You could even build a garage bar.
Of course, a garage is your to do with what you will. Make the most of the space and enjoy it to its full potential.